XLCubed Excel Edition Troubleshooting
- 1 Installation Troubleshooting
- 2 Grid Troubleshooting
- 3 Slicer Troubleshooting
- 4 Publishing Troubleshooting
- 5 Further Help
- Details of prerequisites can be found here.
- See the Enable Ribbon Other Options article for help.
Could not load file or assembly
When you perform certain actions, you get this error message:
Could not load file or assembly 'office, Version=220.127.116.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
Download and install the following packages:
When I try to create a Grid Chart, no chart types are listed, and I cannot press OK to insert it.
Your formats file may be missing or corrupted. Please back it up then, then copy a new version from the XLCubed installation folder. Typical locations are:
- Installation version
- C:\Program Files\XLCubed Ltd\XLCubed\FormatSheet.xls and FormatSheet.xlsx
- User's customised version
- C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XLCubed Ltd\XLCubed Excel Edition
You receive a 'Cannot insert object' error when inserting a Dimension Slicer
This error is caused by some of the XLCubed assemblies not being correctly registered. To re-register them, you must run the following command as an elevated administrator:
"C:\Program Files\XLCubed Ltd\XLCubed\XLCubed.Excel.Installer.Utility.exe" /regctls
In version 6.1 and prior versions, the /regctls switch wasn't available. In this case, use this instead, again using an administrator account:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe /tlb /codebase "C:\Program Files\XLCubed Ltd\XLCubed\XLCubed.Excel.UserInterface.dll" C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe /tlb /codebase "C:\Program Files\XLCubed Ltd\XLCubed\XLCubed.Excel.UserInterface.dll"
- Detailed information can be found here.
- The XLCubed support team can be contacted at email@example.com.