Connections in the current workbook can be published to an instance of XLCubed Web Edition so that they can be easily shared with other users:
- Click the XLCubed > Web > Publish to Web > Publish Connection... ribbon option or the XLCubed > Publish Connection... menu option in Excel 2003 and previous
- Select the connection you wish to publish from the dropdown at the top of the Publish Connection form
- Connect to the server you want to publish to:
- Enter the name of the XLCubed Web Edition server you want to connect to in the Web site field. This will depend on how you have installed the XLCubed Web Edition software on your server.
- Click Connect , and if connection is successful the folders available on the server will be displayed in the right hand side of the dialog (Folder to publish to ).
- Enter the Report details:
- Type in the Name and Description that you want to give the connection. The Name will appear in the Navigation tree view. The Description will appear in the Repository on detail pages.
- Select where to publish:
- Navigate through the folders on the server to find the location you want by clicking on the tree on the right-hand side of the Publisher dialog. The connection will be published to the folder that is currently highlighted.
- Existing connections are also shown in the tree. If an existing connection is highlighted, then XLCubed will attempt to replace it with the published connection.
- Depending on how your Administrator has configured the XLCubed Web Server it is quite possible that although you may be able to see a folder, you may not have the required security privileges to actually write (publish) to that directory. If this is the case a message will be displayed informing you that publication was not possible and you must select a folder to which you do have write permission. Contact your System Administrator to discuss permissions further.
- When you click OK , the connection is published.